The following deadlines apply for publication funding in 2023:
1st submission deadline: 15 March 2023
2nd submission deadline: 17 July 2023
3rd submission deadline: 15 September 2023
The financial means available for funding in 2023 will be announced shortly before the first submission deadline.
The following deadline applies to the annual grant in 2024:
16 October 2023
The processing period of 14 weeks begins on the specified submission dates.
Applications for project funding can be submitted at any time by means of an online application, i.e. there is no submission deadline. The processing period of 14 weeks begins as soon as the application has been submitted in full.
- The submission deadlinesare fixed. Late applications (received after a submission deadline) will automatically qualify for the next submission date.
- You will be informed in writing about the decision on your application within the processing period. Phone enquiries about the processing status of your application will not be answered. We will contact applicants if there are any open questions or if any submission documents are missing.
- Multi-annual funding agreements with a term of three years and focus programmes (also referred to as CALLS) are offered separately. The submission deadlines specified in the respective tender shall apply.
- The application shall in any case be submitted before the project is implemented.
- It is not possible to apply for funding for projects that have already been completed.
- We recommend submitting applications six to twelve months before implementing a project to make reliable planningpossible for both parties (for you and for us).
- Funding applications for projects that span an entire calendar year (annual activity, annual programme) shall be submitted by the last submission date of the previous year at the latest.