Funding will only be granted upon written applications submitted by means of the respective online forms (see on the right). The online forms are available in German only.
Please note the following:
- Read the notes in the online forms, the information on completing the economic section of the form, and our instruction sheets
- Please note the instructions on how to use the online form.
- Please submit all enclosures in PDF format only. Ensure that the files are not read-only.
- The project calculation must be made in compliance with the specifications for the calculation of the subsidies as specified in the instruction on drawing up proof-of-use lists (see kultur.steiermark.at/link/verwendungsnachweis).
- Depending on the type of funding applied for and/or the planned project, it is recommended to enclose additional documents and evidence, reviews and/or documentation of previous work, cost estimates, and similar documentation. Make sure to submit all of the data that is required to assess the project to the Art, Cultural Heritage and Folk Culture Unit, the Board of Trustees for Cultural Affairs, and the Advisory Board in charge, and make the information provided verifiable.
- Indicate all funding applications that you intend to submit to other funding bodies or that have actually been submitted to/approved by other funding bodies in the cost and financing plan, and specify them. Any written approvals received must be enclosed.
- Please note that specific requirements apply for funding of certain types or areas of funding.
Approved grants are paid out exclusively on the basis of a funding agreement concluded between the Styrian Government, represented by Department 9 Culture, Europe, Sports, and the recipient of the funding. The department must be notified of any major changes to the content concept of the project or programme financing without delay.
The Styrian Government awards funding on the basis of the procedure defined in the Culture and Arts Promotion Act. Funding for projects with a funding amount of 3,500 euros or more is only awarded on the basis of a professional assessment by the Board for Cultural Affairs and, if required, after a preliminary assessment by experts.
If an applicant submits more than one application for various projects at the same time, the sums applied for are added up and the applications will be treated on the basis of the sum total of funding applied for. It is therefore advisable to submit only one application if possible.
Please note that the processing of applications is also subject to the submission of the complete and proper proof-of-use of previous subsidies. No applications can be filed if a dunning procedure is pending.