Documenting and discovering cultural heritage in Styrian museums and collections
The PantherWeb database documents cultural heritage in a digital form. The tool was initiated by the State of Styria and provides a solid and long-term basis for safeguarding the knowledge and stories of the shared Styrian cultural heritage for future generations.
A database of collection items (on the basis of culture.Web) is at the centre of this initiative.
We offer both technical and content-related support. Uniform database masks and a standardised vocabulary ensure the long-term quality and usability of the digital object data, to:
- make the collection visible through online publication of selected object documentation
- grant other museums temporary access to the collection documentation for research purposes
Are you among our target group?
PantherWeb can be used by all museums and collections in Styria that are open to the public (regular opening hours or web presence) and that are not operated by the State of Styria.
What are the benefits of PantherWeb?
- The server and the software including updates and maintenance are made available free of charge, which means no organisational or financial burden for the user
- Content support in the documentation and archiving of objects
- Technical database support
- Quality assurance of object documentation
- Long-term safeguarding of collection documentation
- Flexibility in working thanks to the simultaneous use of the database by multiple users
- Public awareness of selected object documentations (e.g. Kulturpool and Europeana)
- Infrastructure shared by several museums for object data research and knowledge exchange
Would you like to participate?
If you are interested in the PantherWeb and technical support, please contact:
Department 9 Culture, Europe, Sports
Art, Cultural Heritage and Folk Culture Unit
Nadine Naimer, BA
Phone: +43 (0) 316 / 877-5867
Monday to Friday, 09:00-12:30
Support with regard to museum science and content:
Servicestelle für Museen und Sammlungen
Mag.a Elisabeth Schlögl, MA
Phone: +43 (0) 664 / 8017-9712
PantherWeb offered by the State of Styria is based on the culture.Web application.